Ooh it’s all getting very exciting. We’re only a month away for the full Craftbomb at the Botanic Gardens, Glasgow and everyone is a stitching frenzy.
This Sunday – yes TOMORROW – is your chance to come and help us create more items for the Craftbomb on 11th May. Everything you make will festoon the Kibble Palace and surrounding area for the whole of Voluntary Arts Week brightening up the park.
These sessions are also a lovely way of trying some different crafts for free or simply indulging in a craft that your love. Here’s our list of activities including times and links to the fab folk running them:
- 11am – 4pm – Pompom / pompom flowers – with Cass from Voluntary Arts Scotland
- 11am-4pm – Origami – with Erin
- 12pm – 3.30pm – Fabric birds – with me(!)
- 12pm – 3.30pm – Crochet bunting – with Ashley from Make It Glasgow
- 1pm – 3pm – Balancing Bugs – with Rebecca
- 2pm – 4pm – Felt Fish with Iona from Say It Ain’t Sew
Don’t worry if you’ve not tried origami or making felt fish before as there will be lots of lovely helpers on hand too.
If you would like to create more pieces at home and bring them on the 11th May – or if you want to do something in your area – here’s a link to a pack with handy instructions, tags to put your name on and more information: http://www.voluntaryartsweek.org/
See you on Sunday.