A day in the life: 1st February 2012

It’s probably just as well I’m suffering from a frustrating period of creative block as I’m being kept busy in my various jobs.

Up at the usual time for my day job. I was greeted by clear blue skies and a busy schedule.

My morning was spent report writing and in a productive meeting (yes productive meetings do exist!) although in the back of my mind I knew I still had a pile of follow up work from yesterday. So on went the headphones with the soundtrack of my day provided by David Bowie.


As I was going to be working in my other job tonight (more of that later) I got myself a much needed baked potato with tuna and sweetcorn. I was saved however saved from reading the Metro by a colleague who joined me for food and a chat.

My afternoon was spent on duty. This means helping anyone with an emergency say with their housing or welfare benefits. I noticed that there was the beginning of a beautiful sunset so I popped outside to take a quick picture.


There wasn’t much time between my jobs (an hour to be precise) but I did stop to take a few pictures along the route. I know it’s a tad blurry but I love the canopy of lights over Royal Exchange Square.

It was on to my evening job. I work a couple of nights a week ushering at various venues in Glasgow although at this time of year with Celtic Connections it’s pretty crazy. The show I was working for tonight was billed as The Singing Land and included performers from the North East of Scotland.

I could hear some if it however the position I was given was at the main doors greeting folk as they came in the building. It was absolutely baltic so when the show was on I tried to keep moving and took some sneaky pictures of the area I had to stand in.



By the time the audience had left and we’d locked up it was after 11pm . On the plus side I’d acclimatised to the cold so waiting for my taxi home was almost bearable.

As I wasn’t tired enough to go straight to bed I spent some time knitting a cowl. I’m trying to master circular knitting and what better way to do it than by making myself something cosy.

Finally I started to feel sleepy so I headed to bed, put on Radio 4 Extra to listen to the Poirot series as I dosed off. Of course my furry friend was happy to curl up beside me and keep me warm.


This entry is part of a series of entries by various crafty bloggers. If you’d like to see what everyone else was up to on the 1st of February (& I recommend you do) please head over to Nikki Mcwilliam’s blog.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s