I love getting presents. Doesn’t matter what time of year it is or if there’s any reason for getting them but presents are great. The best ones are personal and that the giver knows as soon as they see them that they’re right for me. Above is a beautiful brooch that a friend saw at a craft market and knew I’d love. I really like the careful use of the tweed along with the perfect stitching on the bird. It was made by Chookie Birdie from West Kilbride, Scotland and has already adorned various jumpers and dresses. Will have to get down to her studio soon but until then I’ll enjoy looking at her website http://www.chookiebirdie.com.
frayedattheedges on facebook
- RT @talfitzpatrick: #ArtistCallOut looking for #embroidery artists to collaborate on a #craftivism project celebrating #UDHR https://t.co/i… 1 hour ago
- Cheesecake and @neilhimself are two things that make me happy. Hope we raise enjoy money for @Refugees to make it h… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 10 hours ago
- Today's task is trying to remember where I am in this pattern! #knitting #laceweight #hap instagram.com/p/BUotog5gl6D/ 11 hours ago
- Just found my summer drink. Bacchus would definitely approve of this cheeky wee gin by edenmill instagram.com/p/BUm8Yceg6mi/ 1 day ago
- #naefilter needed for #Glasgow today. instagram.com/p/BUjoIkUggrd/ 2 days ago
what I blog aboutA day in the life arts & crafts blog brooches craftivism crochet cross stitch Dennistoun Craft Fair embroidery ETSY Events exhibition Flickr folksy.com frayedattheedges Giveaway Glasgow Glasgow Craft Mafia inspiration knitting Make It Glasgow photography project sample work Selling sewing The Life Craft thoughts Uncategorized web site